Translate this blog In....

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Gauchan takes hat-trick as Nepal downs Denmark

Shakti Gauchan took a hat-trick as Nepal notched up his second successive victory in Group A of the ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier UAE 2012 when it defeated Denmark by nine wickets in a one-sided contest at the ICC GCA Oval 1 on Wednesday.

Gauchan, a 27-year-old wrist spinner, returned figures of 4-0-20-4 as Denmark's decision to bat first after winning toss badly backfired after it was spun out for 82 in 19.2 overs. Besides Gauchan, Prithu Baskota took two for four.

Denmark opener Frederik Klokker with 21 runs to his name was his side's top scorer.

In turn, Pradeep Airee slapped seven fours and four sixes in an electrifying 43-ball 65 not out as Nepal raced to victory with nine wickets and 7.2 overs to spare. Airee featured in a 77-run unfinished second wicket partnership with Sharad Vesawkar whose contribution was 13 not out.

Reflecting on his performance, Gauchan said: "I have taken one hat-trick in domestic cricket before, but this is my first international hat-trick. It was a very good time to take a hat-trick in a match for me.

"When I took my hat-trick, I ran away from the wicket and slid on my chest like a football player.

"I am also a big football fan, I like to watch the football, and I like to celebrate like a football player.

"We needed to get a good start to the tournament and we have done a lot of hard work over the last three months.

"We want to participate in the World Cup and hopefully we can do well in the rest of the tournament.

"We think that if we play good cricket, we can win, and beat any team."

Scores in brief

Nepal beat Denmark by nine wickets at ICC GCA, Oval 1.

Denmark 82 all out, 19.2 overs (Frederik Klokker 21; Shakti Gauchan 4-20, Prithu Baskota 2-4)

Nepal 85-1, 12.4 overs (Pradeep Airee 65 not out)

Man of the match - Shakti Gauchan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Your Comments here

Followers